Integrity Fort Worth calendar includes Eucharist with Bp. Wallis Ohl
Integrity Fort Worth, a support group for the LGBT community primarily in the Episcopal Diocese of Fort Worth, has announced activities and dates through December 2011. A highlight of the year promises to be a "working lunch Bible Study and Eucharist" celebrated by the Rt. Rev. Wallis Ohl, provisional bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Fort Worth, according to Integrity Chapter Convener David Lindsey.
"We are thrilled that Bp. Ohl has included Integrity Fort Worth in his busy schedule," Lindsey said. "Bp. Ohl will lead an ‘African’ or ‘Lambeth’ Bible study for our chapter as part of a working lunch Saturday, Nov. 12." The Bible Study will serve as the "Liturgy of the Word" at an agape-style Eucharist celebrated by Bp. Ohl. A lunch will be served following Eucharist in the parish hall of St. Christopher Episcopal Church, 3550 SW Loop 820, Fort Worth, TX 76133. All Integrity functions are open to the public.
Fort Worth will be specifically inviting all clergy in the Episcopal Diocese of Fort Worth to attend the Bible Study-Eucharist-Lunch with Bp. Ohl. Integrity Fort Worth had "Dinner with the Bishop" in 2009 and 2010, but has not heretofore celebrated Eucharist with the Bishop of the Diocese.
Integrity Fort Worth has members in All Saints, Wichita Falls;All Saints, Fort Worth; Good Shepherd, Granbury; Trinity, Fort Worth; St. Luke's in the Meadow, Fort Worth; St. Christopher' s, Fort Worth; St. Stephen's, Hurst; St. Alban's, Arlington; Christ the King, Fort Worth; and Episcopal Church in Parker County.
Additional events and locations for Integrity Fort Worth include:
- 10 a.m. Saturday, June 25, Morning Prayer and coffee at St. Christopher; St. Simon of Cyrene Chapel, 3550 SW Loop 820
- 6 p.m. Saturday, July 30, burgers, swimming by the lake at Susie and Chuck Kennard’s house at 602 Goldeneye Drive, Granbury, TX 76049.
- 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 24, preparing, serving and eating lunch with the 60 residents at Samaritan House Fort Worth as a community service project; 929 Hemphill, Fort Worth, TX 76104
- 1 p.m. to close Sunday, Oct. 2—Tarrant County Gay Pride Picnic; Integrity will have a booth
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 12 "African" or "Lambeth" Bible Study, Agape-type Eucharist and Lunch with Bishop Ohl at St. Christopher; Bp. Ohl presiding at the Eucharist; Lunch follows
- 7 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 19, booth at Diocesan Convention
- 6 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 10, annual Christmas Party potluck, St. Luke's in the Meadow Episcopal Church, 4301 Meadowbrook Drive, Fort Worth, TX 76103.